- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Croatia and Slovenia, 2nd Edition
Veli Jože Review
This popular konoba lies close to the seafront, at the foot of the Old Town. Specialties include bakalar na bijelo (dried cod in white wine with onion and potatoes), fuži (pasta) with goulash, and roast lamb with potatoes. The house wine is excellent, but the rock music doesn't quite match the traditional decor that includes antlers, old photos, and nautical instruments.
- Address: Sv Križa 1, Rovinj, 52210
- Phone: 052/816–337
- Location: Rovinj
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year me and my friends decided to take a trip to Europe, but not the more touristy western part of the continent, but the lesser traveled Eastern part of the same. Read more
In late September/early October, my husband and I took our honeymoon: a week-long cycling trip from Venice to Porec, followed by a (non-cycling) week of wine tasting and relaxing in Istria and Slovenia. Read more
First time posting here after hours spent reviewing the very helpful advice previously given! Read more
· News & Features
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. ... Read more
'Tis the season for truffled travels.... Read more
Croatia is filled to the brim with spectacular food and drink—olive oil and grapevines, lobste... Read more