Built originally in the 4th century by the town's defense walls and facing the sea, Pula's star ecclesiastical attraction—more often called simply St. Mary's Cathedral—was transformed in the second half of the 5th century into a three-nave basilica. Extensive reconstruction that began in the 18th century was completed in 1924, with the adjacent campanile constructed in the 19th century from stones taken from the Arena. Note that the Roman-era mosaic on the floor of
the central nave bears a 5th-century donor's inscription.
Katedrala Uznesenja Blazene Djevice Marije, Kandlerova ul, Pula, 51000, Croatia