- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Croatia and Slovenia, 2nd Edition
Konoba Mate Review
In the courtyard of an old stone cottage in the village of Pupnat (21 miles west of Korčula Town, so you'll need to hire a car or take a taxi), this welcoming eatery serves gourmet fare prepared from the family's own farm. The menu changes with the seasons, but look out for the house specialty, a platter of pršut (prosciutto), goat's cheese, olives and eggplant pâté, which you might follow with pašticada (beef stewed in sweet wine and prunes, served with gnocchi) as a main. There's also an excellent wine list, though the house wine, served by the carafe, is a better value and is extremely palatable.
- Address: Pupnat bb, Korčula, 20260
- Phone: 020/717–109
- Location: Korčula
- Closed Sun. lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year me and my friends decided to take a trip to Europe, but not the more touristy western part of the continent, but the lesser traveled Eastern part of the same. Read more
In late September/early October, my husband and I took our honeymoon: a week-long cycling trip from Venice to Porec, followed by a (non-cycling) week of wine tasting and relaxing in Istria and Slovenia. Read more
As posted on my previous post wife and I will be in Croatia in July. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters.... Read more
'Tis the season for truffled travels.... Read more