- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Occupying a 14th-century salt warehouse, Bota is known for its menu of outstanding, locally caught seafood. If raw oysters make you squeamish, try the pohane ostrige (oysters deep-fried in bread crumbs). Also look out for the extraordinary stonski makaruli, a pudding made from pasta, nuts, sugar, and cinnamon, unique to Ston but said to have originated in Spain.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Starting Fr $217: Great Dubrovnik Price Save with Hotels.com, $23/night less
- Starting Fr $471: Great Dubrovnik Price Save with Hotels.com, $154/night less
- 3-Star Vis Fr $159+/Nt — $159 Save with Hotels.com, $10/night less
- 5-Star Dubrovnik Palace Fr $275+/Nt — $275 Save with Hotels.com, $14/night less
- 3-Star Tirena Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Save with Hotels.com, $17/night less
Just back from our trip and thought Id write a quick report as a thanks to all the great info we received from this forum.
Prague: We arrived around 1 pm after long day flying from Vancouver Canada. Pre- Read more
My wife and I are not the type to tag along with groups on organized trips. Read more
Hey guys !
I'm a young female traveler preparing for a one month trip in eastern europe. I've been several times to Romania since I'm from there but I've always wanted to have a broader taste of that pa Read more
· News & Features
Croatia, with stunning scenery and a still-off-the-beaten-track vibe, is set to join the EU this summer,... Read more
What could be better than a few days spent playing in the waves?... Read more
Fall is the time for savvy travels, with slashed prices, fewer crowds, and cooler temps.... Read more