- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The best beach, Saplunara, is sandy and backed by pinewoods. It lies on the southeastern tip of the island, outside of the national park. Within the park, the water in Malo Jezero (Little Lake) and Veliko Jezero (Big Lake) tends to be several degrees warmer than that in the sea, so the swimming season is somewhat extended.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe