Croatia Travel Guide
With 1,778 km (1,111 mi) of coastline and more than a thousand islands (66 of which are inhabited), Croatia is one of Europe's most beautiful seaside destinations. Backed by undulating green hills to the north and dramatic mountains to the south, the emerald-blue waters are presided over by a series of finely preserved, walled medieval towns, packed with Venetian monuments. Croatia's calm blue sea, majestic mountains, and lovingly preserved historical buildings belie a checkered past. Like its Balkan neighbors, the country has a history shadowed by conflict and political strife.
Cities in Croatia
Parks and Preserves in Croatia
Tired of following the pack?... Read more
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters.... Read more
'Tis the season for truffled travels.... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year me and my friends decided to take a trip to Europe, but not the more touristy western part of the continent, but the lesser traveled Eastern part of the same. Read more
In late September/early October, my husband and I took our honeymoon: a week-long cycling trip from Venice to Porec, followed by a (non-cycling) week of wine tasting and relaxing in Istria and Slovenia. Read more