There are no serious health issues to concern you in Bulgaria, and the quality of medical care is reasonable. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends routine vaccinations against adult diphtheria and tetanus, and also hepatitis A and B, but this information is standard for all countries. Avoid drinking tap water, and make sure food is fully cooked to reduce the risk of travelers' diarrhea.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe