In Bulgaria the family unit and family values are an important part of life and society. Conservative traditions still apply, so a formal handshake is an appropriate greeting. Men and women may kiss on the cheeks. The Orthodox Church is a central part of Bulgarian culture, having survived the years of Communist rule. If visiting a church, dress conservatively. Before taking pictures with your camera, make sure photography is permitted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's