Sozopol Old Town
Sozopol Old Town Review
Founded in the 7th century BC by Greek colonists, Sozopol on the southern Black Sea Coast is both historically fascinating and one of Bulgaria's most important seaside resorts. The former is thanks to its strategic location on an easily defended promontory. The latter is due to the long stretch of fine sandy beach along its southeast edge. Undersea archaeological excavations in the port area have uncovered ceramics and remnants of homes that have been dated to the Bronze Age. Today, the most interesting sites are the many houses and churches that have been standing here since the Renaissance period.
- Address: Sozopol Black Sea Coast
- Location: Black Sea Coast
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
For anyone traveling to Paris for a short duration, hope you can benefit from our trip details.
read at: http://www.travelplannersblog.blogspot.com/2013/12/around-paris-in-three-days.html
P.S. I will be Read more
Sorry for the delay in getting to this portion of the trip. Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental... Read more