Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
Sozopol Old Town
Sozopol Old Town Review
Founded in the 7th century BC by Greek colonists, Sozopol on the southern Black Sea Coast is both historically fascinating and one of Bulgaria's most important seaside resorts. The former is thanks to its strategic location on an easily defended promontory. The latter is due to the long stretch of fine sandy beach along its southeast edge. Undersea archaeological excavations in the port area have uncovered ceramics and remnants of homes that have been dated to the Bronze Age. Today, the most interesting sites are the many houses and churches that have been standing here since the Renaissance period.
- Address: Sozopol Black Sea Coast
- Location: Black Sea Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
There was a European country where I constantly confused the postal box with the street trash depositories, which country I can't recall. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more