Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
At a Glance
- close to both city sights and the beach
- may be too luxurious for some
Check Rates from our Partners
Varna is the biggest city on the Black Sea Coast and the country's third-largest urban center, and the mOdus makes the perfect base from which to explore the whole region. In the heart of downtown, yet only a few hundred yards from the beach, this luxurious hotel enjoys a lofty perch with sweeping views over the famous Sea Garden and the Black Sea beyond. The emphasis here is on stylish and contemporary, with spacious rooms containing all of the modern conveniences. The hotel will also lend you a free bike if you want to get around using pedal power. Guests can enjoy a 10% discount in the hotel's in-house restaurant, which serves good local and international dishes; you can then burn off the calories in the gym or the sauna. Another offer worth considering in the off-season: book two nights and the hotel will offer you a third night free.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more