- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At a Glance
- a taste of canal life
- roomy cabins won't make you claustrophobic
- reception not open 24 hours
- a walk from the center
Check Rates from our Partners
The Boatel Review
Get a different perspective on Gent by staying aboard this 1953 riverboat docked on the Leie since Portus Ganda opened. The rebuilt vessel shows off sections of the original woodwork. Cabins are large and bright, particularly the two master bedrooms above the sea line. The wood floor of the sunny breakfast room can double as the evening gathering spot or even a small meeting room. Free parking is available on the road nearby. Even though it is tightly roped to the shore, the boat does tend to rock a bit.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We've been home for a while now but I thought I would post a belated trip report, partly to thank all those people whose advice I took, either directly or by reading their trip reports.
We are in our seventies, Read more
Thanks in advance for all your help.
I'm turning 40 in a few weeks and decided I want to head to Europe for two or three weeks. I've been to Turkey, Bulgaria, UK, France. I want to explore some new areas. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more