Gent Travel Guide
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's The Carolinas & Georgia
Gent's old town has been almost totally restored, and it now has the largest pedestrian area in Flanders. Take care as you walk along cobblestone streets—it can be tricky if you wear high-heeled shoes or open sandals. But the views and the sights are well worth the effort of maneuvering over difficult terrain—the Graslei is as pretty a street as any in Europe.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Gent restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Gent
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, ... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I've been going to Europe for about 25 years and when I was younger I relished fancy meals, long tasting menus, staying at a chateau that had a cooking school, etc. Read more
When I was planning my trip to Bruges, I got advice on a Fodor forum that I could see everything in a day or two. Read more
I plan to visit a few of the following in a 15-19 days tour starting from London.
Must visits for me :
Amsterdam 2N,Berlin 3N,Krakow 2N,Munich Read more