Gent Travel Guide
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Plan Your Gent Vacation
Gent's old town has been almost totally restored, and it now has the largest pedestrian area in Flanders. Take care as you walk along cobblestone streets—it can be tricky if you wear high-heeled shoes or open sandals. But the views and the sights are well worth the effort of maneuvering over difficult terrain—the Graslei is as pretty a street as any in Europe.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Gent restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Though my entire stay in Belgium's pretty capital was 2.5 days in total, most of my time was spent cheering on our son's varsity basketball team in the tournament at ISB, but I was able to sneak some peeks Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
An 11 November Remembrance Day thought for all who visit the countryside of western Europe - many village churchyards, particularly in those areas which were under the paths of the main WWII Allied bombe Read more