Top Reasons to Go
Charming history: Stroll the narrow cobbled streets of Brugge, about as perfectly preserved as any medieval city in Europe. Enjoy it most after dark when the buildings are floodlighted—you'll feel like you've stepped into a fairy tale.
Quirky capital: It may be the "Capital of Europe," butBrusseleersprefer to do things the "Belgian" way. Where else, but in the city of Jacques Brel, could the most enduring emblem be a small statue of a boy peeing? Brusseleers prefer to do things the "Belgian" way. Where else, but in the city of Jacques Brel, could the most enduring emblem be a small statue of a boy peeing?
Brews with views: Belgium is one of the greatest brewing nations on earth, with more than 150 breweries churning out a bewildering variety of beer. The best place for sipping is surrounded by the absolute splendor of the city squares.
Chocolate dreams: Belgium's reputation as a world capital of chocolate is well deserved. It's difficult to recommend just one shop; simply close your eyes and follow your nose.Updated: 11-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's