Shopping in Brussels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
For generations, Brussels has been the place to indulge a taste for some of the finer things in life, particularly chocolate, beer, lace, and lead crystal. Brussels is also heaven for comic-book collectors, and there are lots of offbeat shops to tempt magpies. While the city may not be bursting with bargains, there are inexpensive items to be found in the markets. Value-added tax (TVA) inflates prices, but visitors from outside the EU can obtain refunds if they're willing to deal with the paperwork. Sales take place in January and July.
Browse Brussels Shopping
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's