- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
European Union project
European Union project Review
The European Union project brought jobs and investments to the city, but in the process entire neighborhoods were razed to make room for unbendingly modern, steel-and-glass buildings, and as more countries join the EU, more massive complexes are being built. What remains of the old blocks has seen an influx of ethnic restaurants catering to the tastes of lower-level Eurocrats; VIPs eat in their own dining rooms.
Berlaymont. The landmark, star-shape Berlaymont is the home of the European Commission, the executive arm of the EU. rue de la Loi 200, B1040.
The European Council of Ministers groups representatives of the EU national governments and occupies the pink-marble Justus Lipsius building. rue de la Loi 175.
European Parliament building. The European Parliament building, known for its rounded glass summit, looms behind the Gare du Quartier Leopold. rue Wiertz 43.
- Address: Place Schuman and Place du Luxembourg, Etterbeek, Brussels
- Location: Cinquantenaire and Schuman
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Thanks for the help from this board in planning our trip. Read more
October 25, 2013
Day 1 Gent
Grab your favorite Belgium beer, pull up a chair and join me for Day One of Brooke and Frank’s Belgium Extravaganza. Read more
·Austria Forum, Belgium Forum, Czech Republic Forum, France Forum, Germany Forum, Italy Forum, Luxembourg Forum, Netherlands Forum, Switzerland Forum
Hi everyone! Read more
· News & Features
Foodies have fluffy waffles and world-class chocolates; history buffs have the centenary of World Wa... Read more
Feeling a little down on your luck?... Read more
Think of Belgium, and you'll probably first think of Brussels (followed swiftly by waffles, frites, and... Read more