- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
European Union project
European Union project Review
The European Union project brought jobs and investments to the city, but in the process entire neighborhoods were razed to make room for unbendingly modern, steel-and-glass buildings, and as more countries join the EU, more massive complexes are being built. What remains of the old blocks has seen an influx of ethnic restaurants catering to the tastes of lower-level Eurocrats; the grandees eat in splendid isolation in their own dining rooms.
The landmark, star-shape Berlaymont is the home of the European Commission, the executive arm of the EU. rue de la Loi 200, B1040.
The European Council of Ministers groups representatives of the EU national governments and occupies the pink-marble Justus Lipsius building. rue de la Loi 175.
The European Parliament building, known for its rounded glass summit, looms behind the Gare du Quartier Leopold. rue Wiertz 43.
- Address: Place Schuman and Place du Luxembourg, Etterbeek, Brussels
- Location: Cinquantenaire and Schuman
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Belgian Holiday! Flights to Brussels From 515 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Visit Brussels for Less: Hotels Fr $98+/Nt Travelocity
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Brussels Fr $101+/Nt Save with Expedia, $10/night less
- Visit Brussels for Less: Hotels Fr $140+/Nt — $140 Travelocity
- Book The Dominican in May: Stay 3 night and save — $198 Save with Expedia, $19/night less
I've been going to Europe for about 25 years and when I was younger I relished fancy meals, long tasting menus, staying at a chateau that had a cooking school, etc. Read more
When I was planning my trip to Bruges, I got advice on a Fodor forum that I could see everything in a day or two. Read more
Seeking for advice whether to visit Brussels or Bruges. Read more
· News & Features
Feeling a little down on your luck? ... Read more
Think of Belgium, and you'll probably first think of Brussels (followed swiftly by waffles, frites, and... Read more
If you don't remember the Golden Rule, you probably shouldn't go to Brussels.... Read more