- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
European Union project
European Union project Review
The European Union project brought jobs and investments to the city, but in the process entire neighborhoods were razed to make room for unbendingly modern, steel-and-glass buildings, and as more countries join the EU, more massive complexes are being built. What remains of the old blocks has seen an influx of ethnic restaurants catering to the tastes of lower-level Eurocrats; VIPs eat in their own dining rooms.
Berlaymont. The landmark, star-shape Berlaymont is the home of the European Commission, the executive arm of the EU. rue de la Loi 200, B1040.
The European Council of Ministers groups representatives of the EU national governments and occupies the pink-marble Justus Lipsius building. rue de la Loi 175.
European Parliament building. The European Parliament building, known for its rounded glass summit, looms behind the Gare du Quartier Leopold. rue Wiertz 43.
- Address: Place Schuman and Place du Luxembourg, Etterbeek, Brussels
- Location: Cinquantenaire and Schuman
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Though my entire stay in Belgium's pretty capital was 2.5 days in total, most of my time was spent cheering on our son's varsity basketball team in the tournament at ISB, but I was able to sneak some peeks Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are a group of 6 (3 couples) who will be heading over to Belgium for a wedding this August. Read more
· News & Features
Foodies have fluffy waffles and world-class chocolates; history buffs have the centenary of World Wa... Read more
Feeling a little down on your luck?... Read more
Think of Belgium, and you'll probably first think of Brussels (followed swiftly by waffles, frites, and... Read more