- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At a Glance
- polished service
- central location
- some bathrooms are small
- nearby streets can be noisy
- very high rates
Check Rates from our Partners
A block from the Grand'Place, the Amigo pairs contemporary design and understated luxury with antiques and plush wall hangings. Rooms are decorated in green, red, or blue, with silk curtains, leather headboards, and a mix of modern furniture and antiques. Works by Belgian artists hang on the walls, and Tintin pictures and figurines cheer up the mosaic-tiled bathrooms. If you'd like a view over the surrounding rooftops, ask for a room on one of the higher floors (these also cost more). The Presidential Suite is the sort of place real presidents stay in, but mere mortals will have to hand over a four-figure sum (and more) per night for the pleasure.
- Address: rue d'Amigo 1–3, Lower Town, Brussels, B1000 | Map It
- Phone: 02/547–4747
- Website: www.hotelamigo.com
- Metro Metro: De Brouckere, Gare Centrale. Tram: Bourse.
- Location: Lower Town
- 174 rooms, 19 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast, no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Thanks for the help from this board in planning our trip. Read more
October 25, 2013
Day 1 Gent
Grab your favorite Belgium beer, pull up a chair and join me for Day One of Brooke and Frank’s Belgium Extravaganza. Read more
·Austria Forum, Belgium Forum, Czech Republic Forum, Germany Forum, Italy Forum, Netherlands Forum, Switzerland Forum, United Kingdom Forum
This is my first time posting on the boards. Read more
· News & Features
Foodies have fluffy waffles and world-class chocolates; history buffs have the centenary of World Wa ... Read more
Feeling a little down on your luck?... Read more
Think of Belgium, and you'll probably first think of Brussels (followed swiftly by waffles, frites, and... Read more