Brussels Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Plan Your Brussels Vacation
Brussels started life as a village toward the end of the 10th century. It was ruled over by various kings of Flanders through the ages, most notably Charles V, Archduke of the Habsburgs and Holy Roman Emperor. The city grew gradually around its increasingly magnificent Grand'Place, but it really began to flourish following Belgian independence in 830. By the end of the 19th century it had established itself as one of the busiest cities in Europe.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Brussels restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Brussels
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now64° F Partly Cloudy 49% Humidity April 21, 2014 at 10:20AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Though my entire stay in Belgium's pretty capital was 2.5 days in total, most of my time was spent cheering on our son's varsity basketball team in the tournament at ISB, but I was able to sneak some peeks Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more