The outer ramparts of the medieval city of Brugge used to be dotted with windmills; now four remain along the ring road. Of these, two can be visited and are still used to grind flour: the St-Janshuismolen (1770) and the Koeleweimolen (1765). The wooden steps leading up to them are quite steep and not for the fainthearted. The last tickets are issued 30 minutes prior to closing.
Kruisvest, Sint-Anna, Brugge, B8000, Belgium