- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Antwerp's tram and metro public transit system is extensive and reliable. Some segments operate as the pre-metro system, which is basically a tram running underground for part of its route. The most useful subway line for visitors links Centraal Station (metro: Diamant) with the left bank, which is the other side of the river (Linkeroever), via the Groenplaats (for the cathedral and Grote Markt). A €1.20 (€2 bought on board) ticket is good for one hour on all forms of public transport, including buses; a €5 (€7 bought on board) pass buys unlimited travel for one day. Tickets are available at De Lijn offices, the tourist office, and at the Diamant, Opera–Frankrijklei, and Groenplaats metro stops. The metro system is open 6:30 am–midnight. Stations are marked by large arrows indicating the entrances.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's