- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At a Glance
- quiet location
- historic building
- some rooms quite small
- no air conditioning
Check Rates from our Partners
An old convent renovated into guest rooms is an oasis of peace and quiet in the heart of the city, located in the medieval buildings of the former St. Elisabeth General Hospital. The tranquil, cloistered gardens, dating from 1804, are gorgeous, with trees, shrubs, and exotic plants, while parquet floors and period furniture hint of the convent's former glory. Rooms range from small to spacious but aren't air-conditioned.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We've been home for a while now but I thought I would post a belated trip report, partly to thank all those people whose advice I took, either directly or by reading their trip reports.
We are in our seventies, Read more
Hi Fodorites! Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more