- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Worth a stop if you're curious about Flemish authors, the Archive and Museum of Flemish Cultural Life provides an overview of the past 200 years of art and culture in Flanders, including posters, photos, manuscripts, arts-related publications, and historical documents. This is the largest literary archive in Flanders and you'll get much more out of it if you understand Flemish or a related language; there are no explanatory materials in English. There is an extensive library and reading room open to the public.
- Address: Minderbroedersstraat 22, Stadswaag, Antwerp, 2000 | Map It
- Phone: 03/222–9320
- Cost: €5; free last Wed. of the month
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. 10–5, last tickets sold at 4:30
- Website: www.letterenhuis.be
- Metro Tram 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, or 15.
- Location: The Meir, Diamantwijk, and Centraal Station
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We've been home for a while now but I thought I would post a belated trip report, partly to thank all those people whose advice I took, either directly or by reading their trip reports.
We are in our seventies, Read more
Hi Fodorites! Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more