- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The Oude Stad is where visitors and locals alike go to find the essence of Antwerp. The narrow, winding streets, many of them restricted to pedestrian traffic, are wonderful for strolling, the squares are full of charm, and the museums and churches are the pride of the city.
After centuries as an industrial port, Antwerp is now developing another identity as a cruise-ship port. A cruise terminal opened in 2003 under the historic hangars. The mooring site for cruise ships and charter-boat tours has given the Steenplein, the area between the terminal and the Steen fortress, a new burst of energy.
Oude Stad at a Glance
Experience Oude Stad
- Grote Markt
- Mode Museum (MoMu)
- Museum Mayer Van den Bergh
- Plantin-Moretus Museum/Prentenkabinet
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's