- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- exclusive top luxury
- the price you pay for exclusive top luxury
Check Rates from our Partners
When celebrities seek privacy, they ensconce themselves here. This world-famous hostelry at the north end of town comprises five of the most luxurious and expensive chalets in the world (prices can top €800 a day with board). You can have your lunch on the sun terrace, weather permitting. Many of the elegant accommodations are spacious apartments or suites with fireplaces; newer ones have Roman baths. The suites can be combined with double rooms for families. At night gentlemen are asked to wear a jacket in all public rooms, and jacket and tie are required at gala evenings. The family-run house has nevertheless managed to preserve a certain intimacy. Prices include full-board.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save at 3-Star Bristol Zurich: $250 & Up in Jun Expedia
- Look no Further! Z?rich Hotels Fr $139+/Nt Travelocity
- Book the Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss 3 Nts in Jun Fr $351+/Nt — $351 Expedia
- Look no Further! Z?rich Hotels Fr $269+/Nt — $269 Travelocity
- Book the Comfort Royal Zurich 3 Nts in Jun Fr $206+/Nt — $206 Save with Expedia, $51/night less
Three Meals, Three Countries Part I: Storks in Austria!
Obligation-free Saturdays were a rarity for us in the US, and we often "wasted" them by running errands, tending the yard, and so forth. As the Trailing Read more
We recently completed a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise with a 3 night pre-cruise extension in Prague and a 2 night post-cruise extension in Budapest.
In Prague, we stayed at the 5* Hotel Imperial, a lovely Read more
I have 5 days in Europe, leaving Wed, June 19. Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more