- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Grosswalsertal (Great Walliser Valley)
Grosswalsertal (Great Walliser Valley) Review
The Grosswalsertal is extremely scenic. As you start the descent from Damüls heading toward Bludenz along Route 193, look across at the St. Gerold Monastery to your right. After reaching Blons, however, be sure to keep your eyes on the road: it's full of hairpin turns.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save at 3-Star Bristol Zurich: $250 & Up in Jun Expedia
- Look no Further! Z?rich Hotels Fr $139+/Nt Travelocity
- Book the Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss 3 Nts in Jun Fr $351+/Nt — $351 Expedia
- Look no Further! Z?rich Hotels Fr $269+/Nt — $269 Travelocity
- Book the Comfort Royal Zurich 3 Nts in Jun Fr $206+/Nt — $206 Save with Expedia, $51/night less
Three Meals, Three Countries Part I: Storks in Austria!
Obligation-free Saturdays were a rarity for us in the US, and we often "wasted" them by running errands, tending the yard, and so forth. As the Trailing Read more
We recently completed a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise with a 3 night pre-cruise extension in Prague and a 2 night post-cruise extension in Budapest.
In Prague, we stayed at the 5* Hotel Imperial, a lovely Read more
I have 5 days in Europe, leaving Wed, June 19. Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more