- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Lech is linked with Oberlech and Zürs with more than 30 ski lifts and cable cars, all accessed by the regional ski pass, which allows skiers to take in the entire region, including Lech, Oberlech, Zürs, Stuben, St. Christoph, and St. Anton. The area as a whole includes 85 cable cars and lifts (most of them with heated seats!), 260 km (161 mi) of groomed pistes, and 180 km (112 mi) of open slopes. In addition, there is a vast network of cross-country trails.
The ski pistes and open slopes in Lech are spread between 4,757 feet and 9,186 feet above sea level, including the slopes Rüfikopf, Madloch, and Mohnenfluh. Some 400 skiing instructors can help you master the craft here. Snowboarders have their own Fun Park which also has a floodlighted toboggan run and horse-drawn sleigh rides. Lech-Zürs Tourist Office. For complete information on skiing facilities contact the Lech-Zürs Tourist Office on the main street in the center of Lech. Postfach 54, Lech, Vorarlberg, A-6764. 05583/2161-0. www.lech-zuers.at.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Senator in May: $175 & Up Expedia
- Special deal: 4-Star Steigenberger Bellerive au Lac Fr $331+/Nt Save with Expedia, $58/night less
- Book the Ambassador 3 Nts in May Fr $345+/Nt — $345 Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Z?rich this May Fr $300+/Nt — $300 Expedia
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $113+/Nt — $113 Travelocity