- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Café Bräunerhof Review
Filled with furniture from the 1920s, this café was novelist Thomas Bernhard's preferred hangout. With its beige-brown upholstered banquettes and simple wooden chairs, the place has an unassuming atmosphere. Local intellectuals meet here to discuss the state of the Austrian economy over Gugelhupf (a ring-shaped marble cake). Grumpy waiters hold the tables by the window for regular customers, but it never hurts to ask for one.
- Address: Stallburggasse 2, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010
- Phone: 01/512–3893
- U-Bahn: U1/Stephansplat.
- Location: The Inner City Center: Baroque Gems and Vienna's Shopwindows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
Hi all - looking for some good advice for a trip we are planning mid to late May of 2015. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more