- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
During a visit to the Haus der Musik, repair to its restaurant overlooking the towers, roofs, and steeples of the city. The chef serves spare ribs and other sizzling meats off the grill, and local dishes, like the creamy chanterelle mushroom goulash served with roast dumpling slices, reflect the Viennese roots of the Huth family. When you've tired of the view out the enormous windows, study the historic prints and photos decorating the slanting ceiling to see if you can recognize any of the celebrated conductors and composers. On weekdays try one of two set menus offered at lunch, both for under €10.
- Address: Haus der Musik, Seilerstätte 30, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/512–0311
- U-Bahn: U1 or U3/Stephansplatz.
- Location: The Eastern City Center: Stephansdom and Medieval Vienna
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
We'll be in Vienna and Salzburg in mid-August, en route to Spa, Belgium for the F1 race there. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime?... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more