- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
During a visit to the Haus der Musik, repair to its restaurant overlooking the towers, roofs, and steeples of the city. The chef serves spare ribs and other sizzling meats off the grill, and local dishes, like the creamy chanterelle mushroom goulash served with roast dumpling slices, reflect the Viennese roots of the Huth family. When you've tired of the view out the enormous windows, study the historic prints and photos decorating the slanting ceiling to see if you can recognize any of the celebrated conductors and composers. On weekdays try one of two set menus offered at lunch, both for under €10.
- Address: Haus der Musik, Seilerstätte 30, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/512–0311
- U-Bahn: U1 or U3/Stephansplatz.
- Location: The Eastern City Center: Stephansdom and Medieval Vienna
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
Hi all - looking for some good advice for a trip we are planning mid to late May of 2015. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more