- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Weibels Wirtshaus Review
Down an old cobbled lane between Singerstrasse and Schulerstrasse and just a stone's throw from the cathedral, Weibels Wirtshaus is one of the coziest places to have a lazy lunch or a delightful dinner. Try to reserve a table upstairs in the Galerie: with just a couple of tables, it soon feels like home. The dinner menu changes with the season, but if you're here in asparagus season the ravioli is a winner, as is the rhubarb-rice pudding. Ask the staff for wine recommendations, as owner Hans Weibel keeps some of the best local vintages in stock.
- Address: Kumpfgasse 2, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/512–3986
- Website: www.weibel.at
- U-Bahn: U1 or U3/Stephansplatz.
- Location: The Eastern City Center: Stephansdom and Medieval Vienna
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Our 40th anniversary (20 day) trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 1 - Castles
Overview: My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary with a trip to Germany and a side trip to Vienna. Read more
Report Abuse We recently returned from Bavaria, Germany and Austria (Sept 1-20). Read more
When in UK 2 years ago my nieces loved wandering around the Castle ruins that we we went to ~ Kenilworth and Chepstow (also Tintern Abbey). Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime?... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more