- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Hidden away in one of the quietest quarters of historic Vienna, this unpretentious place serves the very best in fine creative cuisine. The quality-crazy owner, Walter Bauer, has over the years encouraged some of Austria's greatest chefs to perform their very best in his kitchen, using only the finest ingredients. Chef Michael Feierabend took over the kitchen in 2011, and such dishes as fruity headcheese with rabbit or roasted pike-perch served with veal risotto have already found a following. The best Austrian wines and friendly service make this a winner.
- Address: Sonnenfelsgasse 17, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/512–9871
- Website: www.restauranttester.at
- U-Bahn: U1 or U3/Stephansplatz.
- Location: The Eastern City Center: Stephansdom and Medieval Vienna
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Mon. Closed weekends and mid-July–mid-Aug.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Our 40th anniversary (20 day) trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 1 - Castles
Overview: My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary with a trip to Germany and a side trip to Vienna. Read more
Report Abuse We recently returned from Bavaria, Germany and Austria (Sept 1-20). Read more
Is it customary to leave a gratuity for the chambermaids in Europe? Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more