- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Schon Schön Review
Creative types gravitate toward Lindengasse, one of the trendiest parts of Vienna. Here you'll find Schon Schön, where a chef, a clothing designer, and hair stylist have literally cornered the market in this corner location. The small, sleek, and superbly decorated eatery is centered around a large table that seats 22. You can dine with the locals who know that the €16.50 three-course lunch menu (meat or vegetarian) is one of the best in town. Menu items include cream of zucchini soup, pasta with broccoli pesto, and braised veal with saffron potatoes and Mediterranean vegetables. Afterward you can shop for the latest apparel and have your hair coiffed.
- Address: Lindengasse 53, at Andreasgasse 7th District/Neubau, Vienna, A-1070 | Map It
- Phone: 06991/53777
- Website: www.schon-schoen.at
- U-Bahn: U3/Zieglergasse.
- Location: South of the Ringstrasse: the MuseumsQuartier
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun., Mon., and last 2 wks in Aug.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Our 40th anniversary (20 day) trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 1 - Castles
Overview: My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary with a trip to Germany and a side trip to Vienna. Read more
Report Abuse We recently returned from Bavaria, Germany and Austria (Sept 1-20). Read more
Hi, my boyfriend and I are planning a 20 day backpacking trip in May. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more