- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Mozart, Beethoven, and Schubert all dined here—so how can you resist? Neatly tucked away in a quiet and quaint area of the Old City, this ancient inn goes back half a millennium. You can hear its age in the creaking floorboards when you walk through some of the small, dark-wood panel rooms. Yes, it's touristy, yet the food, including all the classic hearty dishes like goulash soup, Wiener Schnitzel, and Apfelstrudel, is as good as in many other Beisln. The Mark Twain room has walls and ceiling covered with signatures of the famed who have been served here.
- Address: Fleischmarkt 11, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/533–1977
- Website: www.griechenbeisl.at
- U-Bahn: U1 or U4/Schwedenplatz.
- Location: The Eastern City Center: Stephansdom and Medieval Vienna
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more