- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Gösser Bierklinik Review
Dating back four centuries, this engaging old-world house sits in the heart of Old Vienna. One of the country's top addresses for beer connoisseurs, it serves brews, both draft and bottled, Dunkeles (dark) and Helles (light), from the Gösser brewery in Styria. Of the four eating areas, many diners opt for the covered courtyard, where beer tastes better no matter the weather. Besides the obligatory (but first-class) Wiener schnitzel with potato salad, you shouldn't miss the whole-wheat sandwiches stuffed with ham, cheese, and vegetables. Another good choice is the Kas'nocken (pasta dumplings topped with melted Tyrolean mountain cheese).
- Address: Steindlgasse 4, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/533–7598
- Website: www.goesser-bierklinik.at
- U-Bahn: U3/Herrengasse.
- Location: The Inner City Center: Baroque Gems and Vienna's Shopwindows
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No lunch weekdays July and Aug.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
Hi all - looking for some good advice for a trip we are planning mid to late May of 2015. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more