- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- top location
- quiet square
- helpful staff
- rooms can get stuffy in summer
Check Rates from our Partners
The restored facade identifies this 300-year-old house that has been in family hands as a hotel since 1854. You couldn't find a better location, tucked behind St. Peter's Church, just off the Graben. The hallways are punctuated by bright openings the look out onto glassed-in inner court, making it feel quite airy. The rooms are modern, but some are a bit plain and charmless, despite parquet flooring and red accents. Ask for one of the rooms done in period furniture, with decorated ceilings and gilt mirrors; they're rather palatial, with plush Victorian chairs, carved-wood trim, and velvet throws.
- Address: Petersplatz 9, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/534–55–0
- Website: www.hotel-wandl.com
- Location: The Inner City Center: Baroque Gems and Vienna's Shopwindows
- 138 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
We'll be in Vienna and Salzburg in mid-August, en route to Spa, Belgium for the F1 race there. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime?... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more