- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Theatercafe Wien Review
When the neighboring Theater an der Wien has a performance, celebrities can be seen eating here after the curtain goes down. Since chef Tom Frötsch took over the kitchen, it has become one of the city's best-loved Austrian-style bistros. In addition to the weekday business lunch for €9.50, there are such affordable dinner options as roasted brown trout with a fennel-pepper sauce and veal goulash with savory dumplings. Save room for the selection of fabulous desserts, including cheesecake with apple-rhubarb ragout.
- Address: Linke Wienzeile 6, 6th District/Mariahilf, Vienna, A-1060 | Map It
- Phone: 01/585–6262
- Website: www.theatercafe.cc
- U-Bahn: U4/Karlsplatz.
- Location: South of the Ringstrasse: the MuseumsQuartier
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and late July to late Aug.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Our 40th anniversary (20 day) trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 1 - Castles
Overview: My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary with a trip to Germany and a side trip to Vienna. Read more
Report Abuse We recently returned from Bavaria, Germany and Austria (Sept 1-20). Read more
My fiance and I are getting married in the middle of June. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more