- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Theatercafe Wien Review
When the neighboring Theater an der Wien has a performance, celebrities can be seen eating here after the curtain goes down. Since chef Tom Frötsch took over the kitchen, it has become one of the city's best-loved Austrian-style bistros. In addition to the weekday business lunch for €9.50, there are such affordable dinner options as roasted brown trout with a fennel-pepper sauce and veal goulash with savory dumplings. Save room for the selection of fabulous desserts, including cheesecake with apple-rhubarb ragout.
- Address: Linke Wienzeile 6, 6th District/Mariahilf, Vienna, A-1060 | Map It
- Phone: 01/585–6262
- Website: www.theatercafe.cc
- U-Bahn: U4/Karlsplatz.
- Location: South of the Ringstrasse: the MuseumsQuartier
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and late July to late Aug.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
Hi all - looking for some good advice for a trip we are planning mid to late May of 2015. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more