- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The year 1910 saw the inauguration of the Urania under the auspices of Emperor Franz Josef, and today this beautifully restored Jugendstil building is one of Vienna's trendiest locations. The interior design is cool, modern, and urban; its biggest boon besides the great food is the view from the terrace across the water. Chef Norbert Fiedler's creations include fillet of trout on chanterelle risotto or spicy prawn linguine with a splash of lime, all brought to table by some of the handsomest waiters in town (rumor has it they are mostly models). Open times are an accommodating 9 am until 2 am, but the big event is Sunday brunch. The best deals are the two-course set lunches, served Tuesday to Friday and costing under €10.
- Address: Uraniastrasse 1, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/713–3066
- Website: www.barurania.com
- U-Bahn: U1 or U4/Schwedenplatz.
- Location: The Eastern City Center: Stephansdom and Medieval Vienna
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
I have been able to get a flight to Vienna to meet up with long lost friends. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more