- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The year 1910 saw the inauguration of the Urania under the auspices of Emperor Franz Josef, and today this beautifully restored Jugendstil building is one of Vienna's trendiest locations. The interior design is cool, modern, and urban; its biggest boon besides the great food is the view from the terrace across the water. Chef Norbert Fiedler's creations include fillet of trout on chanterelle risotto or spicy prawn linguine with a splash of lime, all brought to table by some of the handsomest waiters in town (rumor has it they are mostly models). Open times are an accommodating 9 am until 2 am, but the big event is Sunday brunch. The best deals are the two-course set lunches, served Tuesday to Friday and costing under €10.
- Address: Uraniastrasse 1, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/713–3066
- Website: www.barurania.com
- U-Bahn: U1 or U4/Schwedenplatz.
- Location: The Eastern City Center: Stephansdom and Medieval Vienna
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Our 40th anniversary (20 day) trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 1 - Castles
Overview: My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary with a trip to Germany and a side trip to Vienna. Read more
Report Abuse We recently returned from Bavaria, Germany and Austria (Sept 1-20). Read more
·Austria Forum, Belgium Forum, Czech Republic Forum, France Forum, Germany Forum, Italy Forum, Luxembourg Forum, Netherlands Forum, Switzerland Forum
Hi everyone! Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime?... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more