- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Zum Finsteren Stern
Zum Finsteren Stern Review
This name translates as "dark star," but the well-known owner is a shining star on the city's culinary horizon. It takes courage in Vienna to offer only a few starters, four or five main dishes, and three desserts, but Ella de Silva's success is undeniable. If it's available, try the house-made pasta with anchovies, fish roe, fennel, and pine nuts, or the tender chicken breast with parsnip-beet hash. Opening hours are 6 pm until midnight; when the weather permits there's a lovely outdoor seating area underneath an old bluebell tree.
- Address: Schulhof 8 at Parisergasse, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/535–2100
- U-Bahn: U3/Herrengasse.
- Location: The Inner City Center: Baroque Gems and Vienna's Shopwindows
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
Firstly, here's my blog page link: http://ashwinbahulkar.wordpress.com/my-travels-2/central-europe-austria-and-czech-republic/austria-and-prague/
It has quite a few pictures.
And I would like to thank Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more