- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Zum Finsteren Stern
Zum Finsteren Stern Review
This name translates as "dark star," but the well-known owner is a shining star on the city's culinary horizon. It takes courage in Vienna to offer only a few starters, four or five main dishes, and three desserts, but Ella de Silva's success is undeniable. If it's available, try the house-made pasta with anchovies, fish roe, fennel, and pine nuts, or the tender chicken breast with parsnip-beet hash. Opening hours are 6 pm until midnight; when the weather permits there's a lovely outdoor seating area underneath an old bluebell tree.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
Three Meals, Three Countries Part I: Storks in Austria!
Obligation-free Saturdays were a rarity for us in the US, and we often "wasted" them by running errands, tending the yard, and so forth. As the Trailing Read more
We recently completed a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise with a 3 night pre-cruise extension in Prague and a 2 night post-cruise extension in Budapest.
In Prague, we stayed at the 5* Hotel Imperial, a lovely Read more
Hello everyone! Read more
· News & Features
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more
Art fanatics take note: Hotel Sans Souci will have you salivating as soon as you step through the doors.... Read more