- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Anna Sacher Review
The Sachertorte is the culmination of a family saga that began with Franz Sacher, Prince von Metternich's pastry chef. Franz's son and his wife, Anna, Vienna's hostess with the mostest, opened the 19th-century hotel. The restaurant Anna Sacher, with sparkling chandeliers casting a warm glow on green walls hung with gilt frames, offers a lighter version of traditional Austrian cuisine. Award-winning chef Werner Pichlmaier conjures up amazing dishes such as goose liver with plum and poppy-seed noodles or beef with golden oyster mushrooms and baked potatoes. Try the slightly less formal Rote Bar, at the front of the hotel, for the classic Tafelspitz (boiled beef), the favorite dish of Emperor Franz Josef.
- Address: Hotel Sacher, Philharmonikerstrasse 4, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/514-56840
- Website: www.sacher.com
- U-Bahn: U1, U2, or U4/Karlsplatz/Opera.
- Location: Vienna
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. and July and Aug.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Austrian Vacation! Flights to Vienna From 505 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Save in Vienna: Book 3 Nts in May at Regina Fr $257+/Nt Save with Expedia, $70/night less
- Vienna Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $366+/Nt Save with Expedia, $37/night less
- Hot Deal on a 8 Nt Cruise! Avalon Waterways Fr $2,327 Expedia
- Special deal: 4-Star Holiday Inn Vienna - South Fr $140+/Nt — $140 Save with Expedia, $14/night less
My husband and I are at the tail end of our 6-week trip, and he has been writing a travel blog. I thought I would post that here, and also the links to the pictures that go with each. Read more
I had received a lot of valuable information in this forum, which was very helpful. Read more
Hello everyone! Read more
· News & Features
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more
Art fanatics take note: Hotel Sans Souci will have you salivating as soon as you step through the doors.... Read more