- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Anna Sacher Review
The Sachertorte is the culmination of a family saga that began with Franz Sacher, Prince von Metternich's pastry chef. Franz's son and his wife, Anna, Vienna's hostess with the mostest, opened the 19th-century hotel. The restaurant Anna Sacher, with sparkling chandeliers casting a warm glow on green walls hung with gilt frames, offers a lighter version of traditional Austrian cuisine. Award-winning chef Werner Pichlmaier conjures up amazing dishes such as goose liver with plum and poppy-seed noodles or beef with golden oyster mushrooms and baked potatoes. Try the slightly less formal Rote Bar, at the front of the hotel, for the classic Tafelspitz (boiled beef), the favorite dish of Emperor Franz Josef.
- Address: Hotel Sacher, Philharmonikerstrasse 4, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/514–56840
- Website: www.sacher.com
- U-Bahn: U1, U2, or U4/Karlsplatz/Opera.
- Location: The Inner City Center: Baroque Gems and Vienna's Shopwindows
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. and July and Aug.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more