- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- luxurious atmosphere
- excellent dining
- decor can feel a bit over the top
Check Rates from our Partners
Palais Coburg Review
In this 19th-century regal residence, the lobby is sleek white stone and plate glass, embodying the hotel's philosophy of "preserving the past—shaping the future." There are 35 modern or imperial-style suites; many of them are spectacular, two-story showpieces, the best done in gilded-yellow Biedermeier or Empire style. All have fully equipped kitchenettes with a complimentary stock of champagne, wine, beer, and soft drinks; espresso machines; laptops with free Internet; and two bathrooms, some with gigantic whirlpool baths and saunas. Startling purple and white is the color scheme in Restaurant Coburg, run by one of Austria's best chefs, Silvio Nickol, and posessing one of the best wine cellars in Europe.
- Address: Coburgbastei 4, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/518–180
- Website: www.palais-coburg.com
- Location: The Eastern City Center: Stephansdom and Medieval Vienna
- 35 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Our 40th anniversary (20 day) trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 1 - Castles
Overview: My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary with a trip to Germany and a side trip to Vienna. Read more
Report Abuse We recently returned from Bavaria, Germany and Austria (Sept 1-20). Read more
When in UK 2 years ago my nieces loved wandering around the Castle ruins that we we went to ~ Kenilworth and Chepstow (also Tintern Abbey). Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime?... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more