- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- luxurious atmosphere
- excellent dining
- decor can feel a bit over the top
Check Rates from our Partners
Palais Coburg Review
In this 19th-century regal residence, the lobby is sleek white stone and plate glass, embodying the hotel's philosophy of "preserving the past—shaping the future." There are 35 modern or imperial-style suites; many of them are spectacular, two-story showpieces, the best done in gilded-yellow Biedermeier or Empire style. All have fully equipped kitchenettes with a complimentary stock of champagne, wine, beer, and soft drinks; espresso machines; laptops with free Internet; and two bathrooms, some with gigantic whirlpool baths and saunas. Startling purple and white is the color scheme in Restaurant Coburg, run by one of Austria's best chefs, Silvio Nickol, and posessing one of the best wine cellars in Europe.
- Address: Coburgbastei 4, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/518–180
- Website: www.palais-coburg.com
- Location: The Eastern City Center: Stephansdom and Medieval Vienna
- 35 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
Hi all - looking for some good advice for a trip we are planning mid to late May of 2015. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more