- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- location hard to beat
- some specials available
- no air-conditioning, busy area at times noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Built in 1912 and still retaining the outward charm of that era, the Astoria is one of the grand old Viennese hotels and enjoys a superb location on the Kärnterstrasse between the Opera House and St. Stephen's. The wood-paneled lobby is an essay in Wiener Werkstätte style, and all four floors have a soft contemporary style with pretty fabrics in beige tones, polished dark wood, and Oriental rugs. Before deciding where to stay in Vienna, try the Astoria for special rates.
- Address: Kärntnerstrasse 32–34, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/51577
- Website: www.austria-trend.at/asw
- Location: The Inner City Center: Baroque Gems and Vienna's Shopwindows
- 128 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Our 40th anniversary (20 day) trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 1 - Castles
Overview: My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary with a trip to Germany and a side trip to Vienna. Read more
Report Abuse We recently returned from Bavaria, Germany and Austria (Sept 1-20). Read more
Hi, my boyfriend and I are planning a 20 day backpacking trip in May. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more