- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- location hard to beat
- some specials available
- no air-conditioning, busy area at times noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Built in 1912 and still retaining the outward charm of that era, the Astoria is one of the grand old Viennese hotels and enjoys a superb location on the Kärnterstrasse between the Opera House and St. Stephen's. The wood-paneled lobby is an essay in Wiener Werkstätte style, and all four floors have a soft contemporary style with pretty fabrics in beige tones, polished dark wood, and Oriental rugs. Before deciding where to stay in Vienna, try the Astoria for special rates.
- Address: Kärntnerstrasse 32–34, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/51577
- Website: www.austria-trend.at/asw
- Location: The Inner City Center: Baroque Gems and Vienna's Shopwindows
- 128 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
I have been able to get a flight to Vienna to meet up with long lost friends. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more