- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- location hard to beat
- some specials available
- no air-conditioning, busy area at times noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Built in 1912 and still retaining the outward charm of that era, the Astoria is one of the grand old Viennese hotels and enjoys a superb location on the Kärnterstrasse between the Opera House and St. Stephen's. The wood-paneled lobby is an essay in Wiener Werkstätte style, and all four floors have a soft contemporary style with pretty fabrics in beige tones, polished dark wood, and Oriental rugs. Before deciding where to stay in Vienna, try the Astoria for special rates.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
Three Meals, Three Countries Part I: Storks in Austria!
Obligation-free Saturdays were a rarity for us in the US, and we often "wasted" them by running errands, tending the yard, and so forth. As the Trailing Read more
We recently completed a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise with a 3 night pre-cruise extension in Prague and a 2 night post-cruise extension in Budapest.
In Prague, we stayed at the 5* Hotel Imperial, a lovely Read more
Hello everyone! Read more
· News & Features
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more
Art fanatics take note: Hotel Sans Souci will have you salivating as soon as you step through the doors.... Read more