- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Reminiscent of an ancient Greek temple, this sprawling building is the seat of the country's elected representative assembly. An embracing, heroic ramp on either side of the main structure is lined with carved marble figures of ancient Greek and Roman historians. Its centerpiece is the Pallas-Athene-Brunnen, a fountain designed by Theophil Hansen that is crowned by the Greek goddess of wisdom and surrounded by water nymphs symbolizing the executive and legislative powers governing the country. Call ahead, because tours are not given when the legislature is in session.
- Address: Dr. Karl Renner-Ring 3, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/401–1024–00
- Cost: €5
- Hours: Tours mid-Sept.–mid-July, Mon.–Thurs. at 11, 2, 3, and 4, Fri. at 11, 1, 2, 3, and 4, and Sat. 11–4 on the hour; mid-July–mid-Sept., Mon.–Sat. 11–4 on the hour
- Website: www.parlament.gv.at
- U-Bahn: Trams 1, 2, or D/Stadiongasse, Parlament.
- Location: West of the Ringstrasse: Parlament and City Hall
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more