- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Freud Haus Review
Not far from the historic Hofburg district, you can skip over several centuries and visit this outstanding symbol of 20th-century Vienna. Sigmund Freud's residence from 1891 to 1938, this apartment has five rooms of memorabilia. It's mostly a photographic record of Freud's life, with some documents, publications, and a portion of his collection of antiquities also on display. The waiting-room furniture is authentic, but the consulting room and study furniture (including the famous couch) can be seen only in photographs. The apartment is one flight up; to enter, ring the bell and push the door simultaneously.
- Address: Berggasse 19, Apt. 6 9th District/Alsergrund, Vienna, A-1090 | Map It
- Phone: 01/319–1596
- Cost: €7
- Hours: Jan.–June and Oct.–Dec., daily 9–5; July–Sept., daily 9–6
- Website: www.freud-museum.at
- U-Bahn: U2/Schottentor.
- Location: West of the Ringstrasse: Parlament and City Hall
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more