Mobile AppDownload Vienna - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Palais Kinsky Review
Just one of the architectural treasures that comprise the urban set piece of the Freyung, the Palais Kinsky is the square's best-known palace, and is one of the most sophisticated pieces of baroque architecture in the whole city. Built between 1713 and 1716 by Hildebrandt, it now houses Wiener Kunst Auktionen, a public-auction business offering artworks and antiques. If there's an auction viewing, try to see the palace's spectacular 18th-century staircase, all marble goddesses and crowned with a trompe-l'oeil ceiling painted by Marcantonio Chiarini.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Some of them were passing through, but we still had a v... Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013. A little background: We are a family with two lit... Read more