- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Kirche Am Steinhof
Kirche Am Steinhof Review
Otto Wagner's most exalted piece of Jugendstil architecture lies in the suburbs. On the grounds of the Vienna City Psychiatric Hospital, Wagner's design unites functional details (rounded edges on the pews to prevent injury to the patients) with a soaring, airy dome (stained glass by Koloman Moser). The church is open Saturday at 3 for a German-language guided tour (English tours can be arranged in advance). You may walk around the church for free between 4 and 5 pm on Saturday.
- Address: Baumgartner Höhe 1, 13th District/Hütteldorf, Vienna, A-1130 | Map It
- Phone: 01/91060 Ext. 11007
- Cost: €6 for guided tour
- Hours: Sat. 3–5
- U-Bahn: U4/Unter-St.-Veit; then Bus 47A to Psychiatrisches Krankenhaus. U2/Volkstheater; then Bus 48A.
- Location: West of the Ringstrasse: Parlament and City Hall
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
Hi, there. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more