- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- top location
- friendly staff
- air-conditioning struggles in hot weather
- breakfast staff on the slow side
- somewhat dated
Check Rates from our Partners
Mailberger Hof Review
The Knights of Malta—the Hospitallers—knew something about hospitality, and their baroque mansion, now family run, continues to offer travelers a comforting welcome mat. An atmospheric carriage entrance and cobblestoned courtyard greet you in this tranquil lodging just off Kärntnerstrasse, away from the crowded shopping streets. It's a traditional sort of hotel, with attractive and airy rooms with golden and crimson bedspreads, reproduction furniture, and soft carpets. The rooms on the first floor are the most attractive; try to get one facing the pretty baroque street. There are also five apartments with kitchenettes. In summer the inner courtyard is set with tables for dining; at other times you can sample Vienna specialties under rather regal vaulted arches.
- Address: Annagasse 7, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/512–0641
- Website: www.mailbergerhof.at
- Location: The Eastern City Center: Stephansdom and Medieval Vienna
- 40 rooms, 5 apartments.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
I have been able to get a flight to Vienna to meet up with long lost friends. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more