- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Grand Hotel Wien
At a Glance
- two superb restaurants
- good shopping next door
- desk staff can seem haughty
- check-in can be slow
Check Rates from our Partners
Grand Hotel Wien Review
With one of the great locations on the Ringstrasse, just across from the Musikverein and a minute on foot from the Staatsoper, the Grand Hotel Wien (the first luxury hotel in Vienna) has risen to new splendor. The interior has a palatial feel, thanks to its exquisite fabrics and rare antiques, and the rooms are elegant, with dark-wood walls and pastel accents. Three restaurants—Le Ciel, Unkai, and the Grand Café—offer Viennese, Japanese, and European culinary delights, and an additional boon here is the adjoining Ringstrassen-Galerien shopping mall connected to the hotel by a glass bridge.
- Address: Kärntnerring 9, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/515–800
- Website: www.grandhotelwien.com
- Location: The Eastern City Center: Stephansdom and Medieval Vienna
- 205 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Our 40th anniversary (20 day) trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 1 - Castles
Overview: My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary with a trip to Germany and a side trip to Vienna. Read more
Report Abuse We recently returned from Bavaria, Germany and Austria (Sept 1-20). Read more
Is it customary to leave a gratuity for the chambermaids in Europe? Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more