- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Grand Hotel Wien
At a Glance
- two superb restaurants
- good shopping next door
- desk staff can seem haughty
- check-in can be slow
Check Rates from our Partners
Grand Hotel Wien Review
With one of the great locations on the Ringstrasse, just across from the Musikverein and a minute on foot from the Staatsoper, the Grand Hotel Wien (the first luxury hotel in Vienna) has risen to new splendor. The interior has a palatial feel, thanks to its exquisite fabrics and rare antiques, and the rooms are elegant, with dark-wood walls and pastel accents. Three restaurants—Le Ciel, Unkai, and the Grand Café—offer Viennese, Japanese, and European culinary delights, and an additional boon here is the adjoining Ringstrassen-Galerien shopping mall connected to the hotel by a glass bridge.
- Address: Kärntnerring 9, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/515–800
- Website: www.grandhotelwien.com
- Location: The Eastern City Center: Stephansdom and Medieval Vienna
- 205 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
Hi, there. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more