- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
This fashionable establishment, in the basement of the 19th-century Vienna Stock Exchange, shares an enormous space with the flower shop Lederleitner and the air is mixed with the sweet perfume of tuberoses and the tantalizing whiff of truffle. Although this eatery is named after Theophil Hansen—the ornament-crazy architect of the Börse—the decor is sleek and modern; note the superb contemporary artwork adorning the walls. The cuisine is as up-to-date as the decor: try the saffron risotto with white fish and zucchini or the superbly marinated fillet of char. If you have a light appetite, ask for a smaller-sized portion.
- Address: Wipplingerstrasse 34, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/532–0542
- Website: www.hansen.co.at/en/restaurant
- U-Bahn: U2/Schottenring.
- Location: The Western City Center: Burgtheater and Beyond
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No dinner Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Our 40th anniversary (20 day) trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 1 - Castles
Overview: My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary with a trip to Germany and a side trip to Vienna. Read more
Report Abuse We recently returned from Bavaria, Germany and Austria (Sept 1-20). Read more
Is it customary to leave a gratuity for the chambermaids in Europe? Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more