- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
This fashionable establishment, in the basement of the 19th-century Vienna Stock Exchange, shares an enormous space with the flower shop Lederleitner and the air is mixed with the sweet perfume of tuberoses and the tantalizing whiff of truffle. Although this eatery is named after Theophil Hansen—the ornament-crazy architect of the Börse—the decor is sleek and modern; note the superb contemporary artwork adorning the walls. The cuisine is as up-to-date as the decor: try the saffron risotto with white fish and zucchini or the superbly marinated fillet of char. If you have a light appetite, ask for a smaller-sized portion.
- Address: Wipplingerstrasse 34, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/532–0542
- Website: www.hansen.co.at/en/restaurant
- U-Bahn: U2/Schottenring.
- Location: The Western City Center: Burgtheater and Beyond
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No dinner Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more