- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Lodging Alternatives in Vienna
If you want a home base that's roomy enough for a family and comes with cooking facilities, consider a furnished rental. Home-exchange directories sometimes list rentals as well as exchanges.
Vacation Rentals by Owner. With over 160,000 listings, Vacation Rentals by Owner has established itself as one of the leading sites for private apartment rentals. For Vienna, the listing includes roughly 50 apartments in the €100 range. www.vrbo.com.
Vienna Apartment and Vacation Rental Owner Association. Vienna's largest private rental association lists 250 places. All accommodations have been prescreened by the company. www.netland.at/wien/apartment-vienna.htm.
Vienna Residence. Vienna Residence is the city's largest portal for short-term serviced apartments. Located all over town, these luxury rentals are appointed with fine furniture. Flats can even be rented for several months. 01/307–222. www.viennaresidence.com.
BedandBreakfast.com. This company advertises a dozen bed-and-breakfast establishments in Vienna, some of them with rates well below €100. www.bedandbreakfast.com/vienna-austria.html.Updated: 06-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's