- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Picturesque Rust is easily the most popular village on the lake for the colorful pastel facades of its houses and for lake sports. Tourists flock here in summer to see the sight of storks nesting atop the Renaissance and baroque houses in the well-preserved historic center. Be sure to look for Steckerl, a delicious local fish caught from Neusiedler Lake and grilled barbecue-style with spices. It's available in most restaurants, but only in the hot months of summer.
Rust at a Glance
Elsewhere in Vienna Woods, Lake Neusiedler, and the Danube River
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's