Vienna Woods, Lake Neusiedler, and the Danube River Sights

Advertisement

Schloss Niederweiden

Schloss Niederweiden Review

About 4 km (2½ mi) southwest of Schlosshof and north of Engelhartstetten, Schloss Niederweiden was designed as a hunting lodge and built in 1694 by that other master of the Baroque, Fischer von Erlach. This jewel was subsequently owned in turn by Prince Eugene and Empress Maria Theresa, who added a second floor and the mansard roof. A photographic exhibit chronicles the history of the upper classes. Be aware that the space is often rented out for private celebrations and weddings. The Schlosshof day pass includes admission to this site.

Updated: 02-12-2012

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property

Advertisement

View more trip reports

View more travel discussions

· News & Features

View more blog stories