- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- excellent restaurant with large portions
- some rooms have shared shower and toilet facilities
Check Rates from our Partners
Alte Post Review
The oldest inn in Krems, which for almost 140 years was a mail-route post house, is centered on an adorable Renaissance-style courtyard topped with a flower-bedecked arcaded balcony and storybook mansard roof. If you're a guest here, you're allowed to drive into the pedestrian zone of the Old Town and pull up next to the Steinener Tor (Stone Gate) to reach the inn. Rooms are comfortable and decor is country-style pleasant, but the real draw here is dining on regional specialties or sipping a glass of the local wine in the courtyard. Cyclists are welcome, and the staff is very friendly. The Brunner family has operated the inn since 1921, just four years after it ceased being a postal station.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
Hi all - looking for some good advice for a trip we are planning mid to late May of 2015. Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more